Friday, October 16, 2009

THE BEST BANKER STUDENTS BY CENTRAL BANK

All participants seat neatly with the best tie and shirt  attending the closing ceremony of long courses - more than 4 months- SESPIBANK 1992, the highest courses in the Banking industry in Indonesia, the factory of Bankers, runned by Central Bank or Bank Indonesia. The Central Bank Governor will awarded the certificates to participants (from State, private and local development Banks).

Before the opening start, I went to the rest room and by accident met a senior instructor, patted my shoulder  and said :" You are the best participants and will step forward  to accept a special certificates handed by the Governor. I don't believed in what I heard and don't understand what kind of certificate it was.  After spech, MC called my name stepped forward with another one participants to get the certificates handed by Mr.Syahrir Sabirin, Bank Indonesia Governor, my class mate in Gajah Mada University, Yogjakarta 1968. Below is the copy of the certificate :

Nobody noticed from day one class begun that the instructors or someone assigned to  keep notes, scores and evaluation of every lectures, discussions, visits we attended. So the result of the courses represented the real quality of every participants. Few years later, I was the one assigned specicially as an evaluator of the SESPIBANK courses.

Still fresh in my mind that some of the participants requested me in advance before presentation time, not too tough in raise the questions, worrisome if they can't responsed well and embarashing. Nobody mention if the instructors will took a negative records or low points. In no special purposes, in every opportunities I was always raised the questions, either in Indonesia or in Manila as well.

Nevertheless, I never though of such certificates, by that moment a felt a little bit questioned, how come I became the 2nd rank. Supposedly I was the best, number one. I said this because Mr.Sutopo, participant of Bank Mandiri manager, should be unqualified, from championship criteria point of view. He didn't joined the class to Manila and didn't get any points then in the Philippines, since his wife fall sicked and hospitalized.
As I said, since this is not championship and we never knew of any competition in the class, I accepted it without complaining, as a 2nd rank.  But my heart questioned still. I was felt  cheated.

I realized when the trining was over, that I was the best one in every discussions in Manila, in English, beside  an istructor, a senior level in Bank BNI 1946 below in glass (center), then become a Director.


When the lunch time come, the Governor extended his hand to BRI Director, he pointed to me and said loudly :"He is my friend from Gajah Mada" with his special smile. Then I remembered his characteristic in body parts and saw his right hand with 6 (six)fingers. 

Some of the participants backed to their Banks and got a promotion became a Board members. In my Bank, BRI, a lot of the gradutaions awarded a higher ladder as a Board member or the Directors in sister companies owned by the Bank BRI.

Some of the participants below who graduated in 1992 SESPIBANK VII courses got a promotion or posted in strategic positions in State own Bank, private or local developmt Bank in Indonesia


No comments: